Tuesday, January 8, 2013

the blog post of one who has writer’s block

It always happens this way if I am away from the blog for a while.  I end up just not knowing what to say.  Where exactly do I dive in?  Do I catch up what we’ve been doing?  Do I just start from this moment in time and carry forward, forgetting the past?  I really don’t know but when I do get to this point, I will sit at the computer and simply stare as if the words will magically appear in my mind.  I want to write but am not sure where to begin.

So what do I do when I’m not sure what to write?  Well, I pull out a good old daybook entry… {smile}

 viewing:::  a rainy, drab day.  Winter makes me appreciate our deep south summers.  Even though our summers are hot, at least there are colors besides drab, wet grey.  (I am thankful for the rain.  I am thankful for the rain…)

thinking:::  about a trip to the beach this coming summer.  Two of our kiddos have never seen the ocean.  One doesn’t remember her trip because she was a wee babe.  We hope to change that this summer.

January 1, 2013 128

cooking:::   winter = comfort foods.  Lots of root vegetables are appearing around here much the chagrin of my picky eater who does not like potatoes. 

wearing:::   a sweater, a t-shirt, and velvet yoga pants.  You’re not really surprised are you?  In my defense, today was a stay-at-home-no-extracurricular-activities day and I wore jeans most of the day.  And I do believe dark, rainy days just look a little brighter while wearing a pair of velvet yoga pants!

creating:::  a blue cowl.   Knitting is my newest obsession.   

wondering:::   if I will be able to sing a solo on Sunday that is stretching the low end of my vocal range.  Just a bit very nervous about this.

reading:::   Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

learning:::   how to knit without a pattern.  Well, maybe not learning it but attempting it!

pondering:::   changes in the garden.  I foresee a lot of work!

educating:::   relaxing our learning.  I’ve even studied some unschooling sites!  No, I don’t plan on being an unschooler but I am learning that we can relax (not our standards but our rigid methods) in our home and still learn many, many things.  Maybe I’ll share some of my thoughts on this…once I figure those out a bit more. 

January 8, 2013 005

fluffing the house:::  decorating with Fiesta dishes.  My Mom and Dad gave me a gift of Fiesta dishes for Christmas.  So many happy colors to brighten our days.

planning:::   a new blog.  I know, I know…I said I had writer’s block and here I am planning a new blog (which requires writing).  But I did buy the domain today and as soon as everything is redirected to the new address, I plan to start posting there even though it won’t be as “decorated” as I like. (Hopefully by the end of the week.)

I hope y’all are having a great week!  Blessings, Adriane

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You just described my life to a T. Well if you swap the knitting for crochet ;)
    I have been studying up on unschooling as well.I never see myself letting go of all the 'textbook' learning. However, my son (7) learns very well on his own and detests textbooks..so we relaxed a little and he has been flourishing since Christmas!I have been seeing his face light up from the joy of learning again. Makes this mama smile. :)
    Like I said..I will probably never completely switch over to 'unschooling' entirely. (The three R's are very important to me) But we are learning a lot of science, history, art and a million other things this way!
    Now I need to find a way to juggling my 'uschooling son' and my 'textbook daughter' haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its content was greeted by ordinary world-citizens with astonishment, varying from dismay among the friends of the forwards to hilarious incredulity among the sceptics.
    anthony jersey
    j.r. smith jersey
    chandler jersey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails