Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Planning for preschool

 

Edited January 2013:  It was my plan to add more to this post as our youngest son learned his letter names and sounds during his “preschool” year.  What I did not expect was that he would all ready know his letter names and sounds and not need actual K4 lessons.  All I can figure is that he picked up what his older sister was learning because he is usually in close proximity during her lessons.  So I am sorry to say that I will not be adding any more information to this post. 

However, we will be starting a K5 year with him January 2013.  And since he high-tails it out of the room the second I pull out a workbook of any sort, his schooling will be in the form of literature based and activity based…or so it is in my head anyway.  I hope you’ll still be able to use these K3/K4 posts but I hope you’ll check back and see what our K5 looks like for a very active little boy! 

The preschool years were so much fun in our home.  I loved every second of it!  I hope you will enjoy yours too!


I’m a little sad about this post.  This year will be the last year that we have a preschooler in our homeschool.  And while I’m excited that my babies are growing up, I’m kind of sad that my babies are growing up.  {smile} 


Preschool in our home is relaxed.  We focus on learning letter names, letter sounds, numbers, and counting.  We will do some basic math computation but we don’t call it addition and subtraction.  We just call it everyday fun.  What the preschoolers don’t realize is that they are learning too. 


This post is going to be a collection of posts that have been written about teaching preschoolers.  It will also contain links to the letters and activities that we did when Sunshine Girl was a preschooler.  I’m gathering all of these links in one place for us to use this year and I wanted to share in case any of y’all need some ideas too. 

Teaching preschoolers

 May 18, 2011 109
Learning the Letters
*Some letters did not have posts but I hope to write some blog posts as Littlest Man works on these letters.
 DSCN0910
Books and Activities
Helpful blogs and websites
*There are many more blogs and websites that are helpful.  These are the ones that I tend to frequent the most.  Please leave a comment letting us know of any that you would add to the list. 
I hope you have a wonderful preschool year! 
This post is linked to:
Photobucket

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails