Friday, March 5, 2010

preschool ~ the letter h

~This was another light week for us in our preschool.  My allergies decided to kick it up a notch and left me sounding like this:

H is for <cough, cough> house <cough, cough>.” 

 However, we all are enjoying this much more simple approach to our preschool.  I’ve come to realize that she is only 3 and I don’t want to overwhelm her with too much information, activities, etc.  Also, I have 3 older children who must do school also and when planning for preschool starts cutting into planning for their school too much and I start losing a lot of sleep, well, it’s time for change.  So plan on seeing us sticking to this simple, scaled down preschool.~

H is for house

DSCN1454

We focused on shapes while building the house.  “What shape is the roof?”  “A triangle.”  “What shape are the windows?” “A rectangle.” 

Idea for the house found at Totally Tots.

H is for hands

DSCN1453

While painting we discussed what her hands can do to help others.  She said, “I can help my mommy cook.  I can help my brother play.”

H is for The Napping House

DSCN1449

by Audrey Wood

~ One of my long time favorite children’s books!~

H is for hunting for hexagons

DSCN1478

H is for a hurt head

DSCN1500

This hurt head landed David and the baby in the ER on Wednesday night.  Five hours later, this sweet little head had five stitches to fix the injury.  If you have children who like to jump on the bed, (that’s how he got injured) show them this picture.  And if that doesn’t work, let me know and I’ll post a picture of the stitches.  That’s what I’m using around here.  “Do you want to go to the ER and get stitches too?”  “Learn from other’s mistakes” is something I often tell my children! :0)

H is for hunting for hearts

DSCN1492

Sunshine Girl colored and cut out the hearts.  I hid them around the room and she would hunt for them.

H is for the Hokey Pokey and Hopscotch

DSCN1711

H is for Hop

DSCN1730

We had a hopping good time with the letter H. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails