Thursday, March 4, 2010

Daybook ~ The late edition

~ I’ve been trying to think how to jump back into blogging and where to begin after my little break.  It seems that maybe a daybook would be a good place even though it’s a little late to link up to the host site.~

FOR TODAY ~ Thursday, March 4


Outside my window... It’s dark and late.  This is my time on the computer to do things that require thinking and concentration.  It was a beautiful spring like day.  The temperature was in the 60’s and made me want to clean & paint & garden & straighten up everything in sight.

DSCN1523I may never march in the infantry, ride in the calvary…”


I am thinking... about the call I am going to make to the management of a local ice cream establishment where we were treated very badly tonight. I don’t like controversy and try to avoid getting people into trouble, but sometimes it is necessary.  I sometimes wonder what has happened to good customer service.

 


I am thankful for... God’s little love notes to me.  The ones I find as I read through the Bible & the ones that I come across on blogs.  I am always amazed that He knows what’s going on in my life and that He sends words to me that are timely and needed.  What an awesome God we serve! 

DSCN1529Shoot the artillery…”


From the learning rooms... I have begun planning next year’s curriculum.  I love poring over catalogs and deciding what is working for us and what is not.  We are going to be doing a literature heavy curriculum next year.  I’m praying that my children will love all of the reading as much as I do and will!


From the kitchen... I do not like menu planning.  It has to be one of my least favorite home keeping activities.  So last weekend, I sat down and planned out the entire month of March.  It took a while but I am so relieved that I will not have to do it for a few weeks.  It seems to be saving us money too.  I was able to load up on ground turkey and ground beef that were on sale because I knew I was going to need it!

DSCN1530I may never fly o’er the enemy…”


I am wearing... my yoga pants.  I know others say we should dress up at home because this is our job.  But I just feel like I can’t do my job if I’m dressed up.  I prefer my yoga pants because I can move and if they get messed up, I really don’t care!


I am creating... plans and more plans.  I have ideas for painting rooms and creating flower beds and my vegetable garden.


I am going... you know what, I don’t know…

DSCN1525

But I’m in the Lord’s Army…Yes sir!”


I am reading... My Bible, trying to read through the whole book this year. Also reading curriculum and gardening catalogs.  I’ve been rereading Educating the Wholehearted Child by Sally Clarkson.  The book belongs to my friend (Hi Mackey!) so I’m taking notes so I can get it back to her.


I am hoping... that I can finally get a copy of This Old Schoolhouse Magazine sent to me.  I paid for a subscription back in November and emailed them at the beginning of February as to why I had not received anything yet.  I was told that it was mailed out on January 22 and media mail could take about 3 weeks to deliver.  Well, that was over a month ago so I guess another email is in order.


I am hearing... the TV in the background talking about predators(animals) and such…and the sleeping sounds of Dave and Baby Boy as they fell asleep on the couch.

 DSCN1531
Around the house... I am in a spring cleaning mood.  I’ve been cleaning things out and planning to do some painting here soon.  I’m also hoping to get some things hung up on the walls soon.


One of my favorite things... beautiful spring weather after a long, cold winter. 


A few plans for the rest of the week: since the week is almost over, not a whole lot.  The guys have Boy’s Night at church tomorrow night.  We have our twin nephews’ birthday party out of town this weekend.  Next week, though, is filled to the brim.  There is somewhere to be every day and/or night.  I really don’t care for weeks that are that busy.  I’m a homebody!


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...  The pictures  above are of my children singing, “I’m in the Lord’s Army”.  I was sitting on the floor changing Baby Boy and he really does not like to be changed.  I started singing to help settle him down and my kids all joined in on the fun.  I grabbed my camera which was on the dresser right above my head and began snapping away.

DSCN1693

One last picture before I go.  The Princess has requested that her name on my blog be changed to Flower Girl.  She is very flower- child- like and loves flowers so it is an appropriate name.  I wanted to show a picture of her new haircut for her grandparents and aunts who read here.  I finally let her get the bangs that she has been wanting.  She loves it and honestly, so do I!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails