Friday, February 5, 2010

Our Preschool – Week of January 25 - 29

 

S is for Snowman and Snow

The ABC’s:

DSCN1084

Using the template from DLTK, Sunshine Girl painted glue on the letters and covered them with craft sand.

DSCN1036

DSCN1037

 The “S” Box:

DSCN1031 sand, sun, sock, snow, screwdriver, scarf

DSCN1274 string, sew, squares, stars

DSCN1065 stapler (an itty bitty one!) and staples

Books we use every week while we focus on our letter of the week:

My First Picture Dictionary by Katherine Howard

Clifford’s ABC by Norman Bridwell

My First Book of Sign Language illustrated by Joan Holub

Art:

DSCN1106 stamping S

DSCN1099 painting S, snowman, snowflake, star

DSCN1210 soda bottle snowmen (click for post and link)

Just for fun:

DSCN1220making snow

DSCN1112 scooping beans and sweeping it up too

Life Skills:

DSCN1066 stirring

Books we used:

I usually pull all of the books that I think we can use during the week.  Then I let Sunshine Girl choose the book or books that she wants to read that day.  I have colored in blue the books that we used this week.

Curious George Goes Sledding by Margret and H.A. Rey

Snow Lion by David McPhail

The Biggest Snowman Ever! by Elizabeth Bennett

Snow Bear by Piers Harper

The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats

The Little Snowflake by Steve Metzger

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails