Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Preschool – Excellent E and Perfect P

For some reason E week is lacking in pictures so I am combining it with P week.  Usually, I introduce the ABC’s to my 3 year olds in alphabetical order but I could not let fall pass us by without doing P is for pumpkin.  We had a lot of fun with both letters!

Album 11 - 2 - 2009 041

We decorated our letter of the week with egg shell that we colored ourself.

Album 10 - 14 - 2009 032

About a half a cup of water, a tablespoon or two of vinegar, and Sunshine Girl’s color of choice, and we were ready to dye our egg shells.

Picture 155

We usually read Green Eggs and Ham and then have a breakfast of green eggs and ham BUT Sunshine Girl wanted no part of green eggs so we had regular, ole’ yellow eggs.  This picture of green eggs is actually from The Princess’ letter E week about 2 or 3 years ago. 

Sadly, that is all that I’ve got for letter E week.  It was just one of those kind of weeks…

However, Letter P…

letter p   A purple, polka-dotted letter P,

 Album 11 - 2 - 2009 001

Making a felt pizza,

 Album 11 - 2 - 2009 017

Making real pizzas for lunch,

 Album 11 - 2 - 2009 051

Pig Pancakes (sort of)…

notice the food trend ;-)

Album 11 - 2 - 2009 050 

Purple paintings,

Album 11 - 2 - 2009 009

Many pumpkin learning activities which I found at this wonderful new-to-me site: Confessions of a Homeschooler,

(Another great find this week:  Home Grown Hearts. )

coffee table 2

Books on our coffee table this week:

From Seed to Pumpkin by Jan Kottke

The Popcorn Shop by Alice Low

The Three Little Pigs retold and illustrated by James Marshall

Pigs Aplenty, Pigs Galore! by David McPhail

If You Give a Pig a Pancake by Laura Numeroff

Purplicious by Victoria Kann & Elizabeth Kann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails