Friday, September 25, 2009

Touches of Fall

Album 9 - 25 - 2009 080

I love the fall.  It is one of my favorite times of year.  However, here in the deep south, our fall is very short.  To extend the season as long as I can, I start decorating around the beginning of September instead of waiting until the first day of fall.  Here are some pictures of the fall touches in and around our house. 

 

Album 9 - 25 - 2009 074

Album 9 - 25 - 2009 075

I tend to be a bit of a minimalist in my decorating style.  I try to use what I have to decorate and most of the things that I use also have a job.  I have a hard time buying things that are pretty but not functional also.  It’s been a while but I’m sure that I found the idea for the popcorn mason jar candles at The Sparrow’s Nest

Album 9 - 25 - 2009 063

Album 9 - 25 - 2009 064

Of course, fall decorations would not be complete without a scarecrow.  Even if he is a $1 scarecrow from the Dollar Tree that the kids must touch every time they walk by him and he probably won’t see the end of September.

Album 9 - 25 - 2009 071

And this is a sneak peak of my fall project that I hope to (fingers crossed) complete soon.  Details coming soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails