Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Colonial American House

Picture 395

A few years ago, we went to Williamsburg. One of my favorite things about Williamsburg was the houses. I love colonial style houses. (The picture above is one of the houses we saw in Williamsburg. Oh, how I’d love to get to go there again.)

Since we have been studying the time period of the Pilgrims and Colonial America, the boys made houses similar to what they would have had then.

Album 11 - 17 - 2009 112

Of course, they are not completely historically accurate. I’m not entirely sure that a colonial home would have had deer horns adorning it.

pilgrim house side view

In case you can’t tell, those are animal furs on the side there. Now you see why I call him “The Hunter”.

skins

Inside view of the cooking area and the ladder to the loft. Note the gun mounted on the wall.

inside

I wish I could take pictures of the entire inside. He really included many details. Here is a picture of the loft and part of the table downstairs.

inside2

And just because…a few more pictures of a Williamsburg house. I believe this is the Governor’s Mansion. One of the books we read stated how people of this time liked bright colors and they must have. Look at the colors on the walls and the rugs!

Picture 430

Picture 432

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails