Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gathering Links for Advent and Christmas

Edited to add more links on 12/3/09

Today, I’m trying to focus on making sure that I have what I need in place to begin our Advent celebration. Advent begins on November 29 and I need to get my ducks in a row. So, I’m posting links here to put everything in one place and to share with others who may be interested.

As with anything, there will be many links but I do not do it all. I refuse to stress myself out during this season. We pick what works for our family and that’s what we do.

Advent wreath: Our wreath is in pretty bad shape but I think that I can use this to refresh it.

The Homespun Heart – Homespun Advent Wreath

I’d love to do this fresh advent wreath but it will have to wait for another year.

Christmas Around the World:

Advent and Christmas Around the World at Serendipity

Christmas Carols Around the World at His Mercy is New

Christmas Around the World Unit and Lapbook at Homeschoolshare

Advent and Christmas Ideas and Lesson Plans:

Many, many links – In the Heart of my Home

Jesse Tree ideas/lesson plans/printables – evlogia

Holiday Curriculum

Jesse Tree patterns by Reformed Church Press

Jesse Tree Advent Devotional Readings

Preschool Ideas: still gathering in this area but enough for the first week

G is for good Gingerbread – Making Learning Fun gingerbread ideas

J is for Jesus - Confessions of a Homeschooler - J is for Jesus (If you have a preschooler even if you are not a homeschooler, check her out. Her site is great!)

(Unsure of third letter that we will work on) - Decided on R is for reindeer - So far I have DLTK reindeer activities

R is for reindeer at first school

More links to come as I find them!

Another great Jesse Tree source at Tired, Need Sleep - (another great site to check out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails