Sunday, January 24, 2010

To my baby boy

Dearest baby boy,

I was looking at my calendar today and realized that you are now 18 months old.  Where has the time gone?

DSCN0854

You are growing so quickly and it seems that every day you have done or said something new. 

DSCN0855

You are a bundle of energy and there are days when I wonder where this “older-than-the-norm” mother of a young child can find the energy to keep up.  I think, though, that you have made me younger. 

DSCN0856

I try to savor and remember every day of your babyhood because you are our last baby and when you have reached a milestone, we are closing the door to that experience in our lifetimes.  But we don’t begrudge you any milestone, baby boy.  We will not slow you down because I honestly don’t think we could if we tried. 

DSCN0857

You have blessed our lives and we are so thankful to God that He saw fit to let us be a part of your life.

DSCN0725 edited

You don’t know your own strength yet – power that comes from your little body.  And because of that, we have had to teach you how to say sorry to your siblings when you’ve hurt them.  But the other day, my heart absolutely melted when you walked up to your older sister who was crying – and not because of you – and hugged her and said “sorry” in your sweet little voice. 

DSCN0757

You love to go o-u-t-s-i-d-e.  And we always have to spell it because you get very upset if you know that anyone is outside and you are not.

You bring so much laughter to our home.  All we have to do is turn on some music and you will bust a move.  Or if we ask you, “Who’s stinky?” You will honestly answer, “Me”. 

But my favorite words so far have been when you looked at me the other morning and said, “My mommy”.  You had that right, baby boy. 

Evan 031

Baby Boy – July 2008

DSCN0858

Baby Boy – January 2010

4 comments:

  1. Just stopped by through the Tot School link and wanted to say how very sweet and touching this was. You have a beautiful family.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopped by through the Tot School link and wanted to say how very sweet and touching this was. You have a beautiful family.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails