Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Early morning (or late night) ramblings

I really don’t know what to title this post or even if I will post it.  It will be ramblings that possibly have no point!  I hope not.  But I feel a need to write my thoughts right now.  The thing is that I really don’t want to (write it, that is).  However, I feel that I need to.  (I really, really don’t know why either.)

I have friends who tell me that I’m not transparent and open enough.  I will give them that.  I tend to guard my words, my thoughts, my opinions.  I don’t like to be hurt from laying it all out there.  Been there, done that.  But sometimes I don’t even feel like myself because I don’t say what I want to say.  So tonight I’m going to lay it out there and be real…

You may have noticed a strange silence around here lately.  On Sunday, I posted pictures with few words and then there has been silence.  Oh, I’ve read.  I’ve read my favorite blogs and I’ve read Facebook but I’ve said very little. 

And why? 

Because sometimes silence and stillness are needed. 

There is definitely a lot of noise around me.

Noise from my five children.

Noise from the TV.

Noise from the internet.

Noise from people.

Noise from the thoughts swirling in my head.

Noise from the neighbor’s tree being cut down.

Noise, noise, noise!  (Do I sound like The Grinch?  ;0)

And sometimes that noise really gets to me.

I woke up on Monday and I was:  tired, overwhelmed, frustrated, hurt, ill-tempered, insecure, angry….

I could go on and on and on.

And I knew that I needed to spend some time with God.  I have a tendency to turn to people when I feel like I mentioned above.  I’ll talk to my husband (which I did), my parents (ditto), or my friends.  These people love me and they will try to help me with what is going on in my life.  But the only One who can truly help me is God.  So why do I always go to Him last?

So I’ve been spending time with Him.  Here’s what He has shown me:

DSCN2644

Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Matthew 11:28

Cease striving and know that I am God… Psalm 46: 10a

DSCN2638

Casting all of your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.  I Peter 5:14

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.  Galatians 5:22 

DSCN2418

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.  Philippians 4:8

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; From where shall my help come?  My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.  Psalm 121: 1 –2

DSCN1884

So why I am I sharing this?  I really don’t know.  I just felt like I needed to do it.  I know it’s been quiet but I’m not on a blog break.  I’m just being still & quiet and listening right now.  And hopefully I’ll be back with pictures of the kids tomorrow! 

 

Do you have words from The Bible that comfort you or guide you when the noise of life threatens to drown you? 

5 comments:

  1. Well, it's possible that you wrote this for me. I've been having the same thoughts lately... I need some quiet. There's so much coming at us all day long... well, I don't need to say more because you obviously know what I mean. I read recently a statement that went something along these lines - refresh your weary soul with spiritual activities - in other words when we are exhausted and overwhelmed, it's easy to just veg in front of the tv or read or whatever (these are things I do as an introvert; talking to others isn't what I do, but it could be on the list), but quite often these things leave us (me) feeling worse and kind of empty, whereas spending half an hour in prayer or spiritual reading will help us out of the "funk" we are in. Hope all that makes sense. I love the scripture passages you quoted - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...speaking to me as well...I have galations 5:22 sitting in my kitchen window right now. I appreciate you keeping it real. If we call ourselves christians things are not always happy and perfect. We live in a world of struggles and perserverance that we have to face (if your like me) on a day to day basis. I would so love to sit down with a cup of coffee and chat with you one day! You have taught me so much in such a short time. I was in a state of discontent,frustration and unhappiness and then I found your blog( completely a blessing from God~I talk to my husband about your family often!)...I was very much discontent with my home and my surroundings (long story)until I found you. You have given me life in a way that no one in my life has. You have taught me to be happy and make the best with what God has blessed me with...YOU~a complete stranger...but in many ways not.

    thank you for your uplifting post today...I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that, Adriane. For me, it's always been Proverbs 3:5-6. All we have to do is trust God and he will give us straight paths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, Amanda, and Mariann,
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! I want to say more but it is late and this morning person does not think well late at night! So this may come out all jumbly but all three of you have blessed me with your words today and your words in the past. I read your words to David too and he said, "Wow". God used you today to bless me. Thank you for letting Him use you. :) (Hope that made sense!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that, Adriane. For me, it's always been Proverbs 3:5-6. All we have to do is trust God and he will give us straight paths.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails