Thursday, August 12, 2010

We love books ~

DSCN5451 ~Hopefully this chaos will lead to order in our home library~

We have a lot of books in our home.  I love books.  One of my favorite places to visit is the library.  And I’m very serious about that statement.  I love the library!  :) 

 

This week, I am in the middle of organizing our home library and school books.  I am hoping that this work before school will lead to me being able to find our books throughout the school year a bit easier. 

 

I will share some of our favorite books this year…both children’s literature and books for mom.  Right now I am reading some books that I try to reread at the beginning of the school year.  These books inspire me as a homeschool mom. 

 

charlotte mason

I found A Charlotte Mason Companion last year and loved it. 

It is a great book for those who are interested in educating using a Charlotte Mason-style philosophy.  I find this book encouraging and informative.  I am reading it before the school year  begins to remind me of ways to educate my children in a Charlotte Mason style.  Reading it has excited me for the beginning of this school year! 

 

 

 

 

 

wholehearted child

Another book that I love to read is Educating the WholeHearted Child

I love to use real books in our school and this book shows me that I can do just that.  The author Sally Clarkson has written many great books.  She has a blog here  and a website here too.  I saw on Amazon where there will be a new version of this book released in January. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

devotions

A friend gave me this book years ago.  I go back to One Hundred and One More Devotions for Homeschool Moms again and again.  It seems to help me to read of other homeschool moms and their successes & struggles.  This seems to keep me going on those particularly tough days. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

These are three books that I am reading right now.  Do you have any books that you read to inspire you as a homeschool mom or get you ready for the new school year?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails