Sunday, August 8, 2010

A weekend of thrills ~

Every time we celebrate a birthday in our home, I write a birthday celebration post.  Well, this past weekend was my birthday and I don’t have many pictures of me (I am the one behind the camera most of the time) but I do have pictures of what we did on my birthday. 

We went to a theme park!

DSCN5197

David’s company treated the employees and their families to a trip to a theme park.  This was a treat for my children because they had never been to a theme park.  An added bonus was that it was in the mountains! 

DSCN5207

DSCN5202

DSCN5203

Even though it was extremely hot, we had a lot of fun! 

DSCN5217

DSCN5222

DSCN5215

I was amazed that my oldest son wanted to ride the big thrill rides.  He and his dad would ride those.

They rode The Hawk pictured below and I think if you look towards the top of the picture on the second row in the farthest seat to the right, you might see Hunter Boy.  Ok, I can’t even find him and he’s my son but he is there!

DSCN5229

And they rode The Gauntlet which we were told was the fastest roller coaster that they rode that day.  I just took them at their word.  I had no intentions of finding out. ;)

DSCN5250

 I was also very surprised to learn that my ten-year-old son was more like me and stuck to the moderate thrill rides. 

DSCN5237 In this picture, my oldest son is in the back car, my ten-year old son  is in the car in front of that.  And that lady in pink in the second car laughing her head off…well, that’s me. 

And some rides are so fun for everyone that you ride them over and over (and over) again.

~ The Carousel ~

DSCN5232

DSCN5233

DSCN5234

DSCN5236

~ The Antique Cars ~

DSCN5252

DSCN5240

DSCN5241

~ The Pirate Ship ~

DSCN5244

I love the looks of enjoyment on these faces!

The most favorite ride of the day ~

DSCN5259

~The twirly balloon ride ~

(Which is not the official name of the ride )

DSCN5254

DSCN5256

DSCN5255

I wish that I had a picture of Baby’s Boy face on the balloon ride.  He absolutely loved it!

And even though I spent a lot of time on the side watching my family enjoy the rides, I wouldn’t trade it for the world!

This family means so much to me and seeing the smiles on their faces is probably one of the best birthday presents ever!

DSCN5247

DSCN5248

I can’t wait to show you what we did on Sunday but that will have to wait until tomorrow! 

8 comments:

  1. Oh it looks like so much fun.. and what great pictures...
    Keep making fun memories for your children..
    God Bless your week..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the suspense!
    I think I smiled through the entire post.
    I can so relate to you and what your saying about seeing the faces of your family and that being what makes you happy...so very, very true.
    I like what Karen says..
    "Keep making fun memories for your children"
    Good food for thought today.
    GREAT POST.
    Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all!

    And thanks for the birthday wishes, Amanda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very adorable! What a fun way to spend a birthday. Happy Birthday to you!
    Looks like the kids had a blast!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great time!! :-) Happy Birthday
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very adorable! What a fun way to spend a birthday. Happy Birthday to you!
    Looks like the kids had a blast!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the suspense!
    I think I smiled through the entire post.
    I can so relate to you and what your saying about seeing the faces of your family and that being what makes you happy...so very, very true.
    I like what Karen says..
    "Keep making fun memories for your children"
    Good food for thought today.
    GREAT POST.
    Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails