Friday, January 21, 2011

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart ~

I remember singing this song as a little girl and I have always loved it:

Give thanks with a grateful heart ~

Give thanks to the Holy One ~

Give thanks because He’s given Jesus Christ, His Son. ~

The weather has been kind of blah & I’ve been sick and that combination is enough to make one become a Gloomy Gus (or maybe a Gloomy Gail since I’m a girl).  Sometimes it is especially hard for me to be thankful and joyful in the winter.  Then I hear this song in my heart and I am reminded that the sun may not be shining and it may be cold but I have Jesus Christ and the gift of His salvation.  That makes me smile because I’ve got the greatest blessing of all.

Today, I reflect on the gifts from God.  The little blessings in my life that bring me joy on these gloomy days.

I am thankful for…

DSCN7962

~ the sun that broke through the blah this week ~

~ the lively noise of kids having fun that fills my house tonight since we have a friend over spending the night ~

DSCN7950

~ bright sunflower yellow mugs filled with hot tea that bring a bit of color to the winter grayness of of the outdoors ~

~ the hidden little surprise in the cup seen after the picture was snapped ~

DSCN7957

~ the little dog friend who came to visit us for two days and sent us on visits to the vet trying to locate her owners ~

~ the kids who adored their new little puppy friend and who were sad when she didn’t come back for a third day.  One day we hope to have our own little puppy friend ~

DSCN7980

~ the chicken noodle soup and the beef stew that we always crave in the winter ~

~ the beauty of carrots, celery, and potatoes waiting to be cooked ~

~the heavenly aroma that fills the house when beef stew is cooking in the cast iron dutch oven for hours~

~ the cast iron dutch oven that I pulled out to use after setting it aside for a while.  I sure do love cooking with cast iron ~

DSCN7979

~ the many plants, herbs, and resources that God has put upon the earth to take care of our human bodies during times of wellness and sickness ~

~ the doctors and the healing they can provide for us when our bodies need a little extra help ~

~ the shot (yes, I said the shot {smile}) that I got today that is making me feel better all ready ~

I hope you have a wonderful weekend full of many blessings!

and before I go…

~ the wonderful parents that David and I were blessed with.  I love them all and am so thankful for my Moms and Dads.  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails