Friday, March 18, 2011

A little this and a little that ~

It has been very busy around our little white house.  So much so that I sometimes get to the end of the day when I finally have a little block of time for blogging and I’m just too tired to blog.  As I type this, I am supposed to be preparing for a weekend of birthday fishing fun as we celebrate the birthdays of our oldest two boys.  More on that later…

So what have we been up to lately?  Well, we’ve been…

March 18, 2011 081

…celebrating the 11th birthday of Grant.  We had a fun day and topped the day off with his requested meal of potato soup, honey barbeque chicken wings, pineapple, and strawberry shortcake.  (Sorry, my camera has trouble getting good pictures in low light.  AND Bryce behind him is not playing a video game, he is taking pictures of Grant with his game player.  I think he got a better picture than I did.) 

We’ve also been…

March 18, 2011 046

watching the explosions of green all around us as spring is awakening the plants and we’ve been working in the garden.  I’ll give a garden update at the end of the month.  I am anticipating my first salad from the garden!  I can’t wait!

 

And we’ve even…

March 18, 2011 079

been observing turtles.  The kiddos spent a weekend with their grandparents and came home with these new little creatures.  We spent time observing them and then we released them into the duck pond at the park down the road.  We visit the park often so we’ll have to see if we can find our turtle friends.  We are currently trying to figure out how to add some chicken friends to our little backyard homestead. 

Of course, we’ve been…

March 18, 2011 004

learning in our school.  We did end up taking this past week off as a spring break.  I actually didn’t plan to do this but it worked out that way so we went with it!  I love the flexibility of homeschooling!  I’m also working on next year’s curriculum choices which I’m sure I will talk about.  {wink}

Well, I’d better get back to getting ready for our little fishing extravaganza.  I’ll be sure to take lots of pictures to share.  I hope you all have a good weekend! 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Happy birthday!! It sounds like you have your hands full, mama! I am glad you posted - I keep checking in here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to have a full weekend ahead with Sadies birthday celebration.

    I love this time of year;0)
    Good to hear from you!!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy birthday!! It sounds like you have your hands full, mama! I am glad you posted - I keep checking in here :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails