Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A daybook entry after the storm ~

Outside my window

A peaceful and calm night sky after last night’s tornadoes and high winds

 I am listening to

the dishwasher working and a very quiet house 

I am wearing

comfy jeans that need to go in the throw away pile, a shirt with little sequins on it, and my socks…I’m ready for my jammies…soon…

I am so grateful for

my parents’ safety after a tree fell on their house last night

I am pondering

giving myself a thought closet makeover because (read next entry)

I am reading

I am rereading Me,Myself, and Lies by Jennifer Rothschild

 April 27, 2011 002

I am thinking

  about how busy I am.  I know all of us moms are pretty busy people but I just can’t seem to fit it all into a day anymore.  I’m thinking it’s time to simplify…again…time to say no and let go

I am creating

besides this blog post…nothing {smile}

In the school room

Working away on our studies and thinking about next year.  This week, we added Baby Boy to our school using resources from 1+1+1=1.  We have access to the members only area and can view the powerpoint videos.  Baby Boy LOVES his school! 

I am praying

  • for Tori and her family
  • for my Mom and Dad as they fix the damage to their home
  • for the young family that lost a daddy this week
  • for my Grandfather whom I met only a few years ago who has been diagnosed with cancer

April 27, 2011 021

Around the house

We did some major rearranging on our little house this past week.  So far this is my favorite lay out as we try to stretch this little house.   I hope to share more soon.

In the garden

Everything is growing, growing, and growing some more.  I am hoping to get more flowers in soon.  I love sprinkles of flowers in the garden.

From the kitchen

It’s time to make out the monthly menu for May.  Is it seriously almost May?  I’ve been wanting to make some pita bread to go with the fresh garden veggies and homemade salad dressing.  Maybe I can do that on Friday.  {smile}

On Losing Adriane

  • lost a total of sixteen pounds so far
  • had to buy new pants - a size smaller!!
  • need to eat better, drink more water, and decrease (give up would be better) my soda habit
  • walking with my walking buddy a few times a week (and really enjoying it too!)

 

One of my favorite things

Pecky the chicken who insists on sitting on my shoulder! 

A few plans for the rest of the week

clean out a closet, homeschool field day, and working on a chicken coop

A picture that I’d like to share

 April 21, 2011 008

Animal loving Flower Girl and her baby chick, Gracie

I am linking this post to The Simple Woman’s Daybook.  Visit the link to view other daybooks. 

4 comments:

  1. So thankful that your parents are safe! I get so incredibly wound up when bad weather comes....which is why I am up at 4:30am!...and your post was God's way to sooth me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely entry:) I am thankful your parents are safe too. We've had some bad weather too and it's so very scary. As I type this, we have another storm moving in. I love your garden photos and I'm super excited about your little chicks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you all are ok up there. If it those storms are the same ones that moved through here...it was crazy. And I agree, Amanda, it was scary. I was up half the night on Tuesday waiting for the storms to calm so we could rest without worry. I've been praying for all the people who have lost homes and loved ones from these storms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to know your folks are ok -- after seeing what Alabama got, we are very thankful things weren't much worse. Oh, and I may have to come have a garden salad! yummmmmm. Give my sweet nieces and nephews big hugs from us :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails