Saturday, August 13, 2011

School Supply Shopping

August 13, 2011 076

He did it!  David fixed the PC so that I can use Windows Live Writer on it!  Now back to regularly scheduled posting. 

Our family loves new school supplies!

We tried something a little different for this new school year.

Normally, I just come home with bags of school supplies for the kids. They love to dig through the bags and see what goodies will be used for the new school year.

This year, we all went shopping together.  Everyone with his or her own little list in hand…even the three-year-old.

Of course, I kept a master list on hand in case anyone lost his or her list. 

I wish I had pictures but it was a little crazy.

Five kids all shopping for supplies at the same exact time.

I may need to rethink that part next year. {smile}

But it was fun.

August 13, 2011 078

Right now is a good time to stock up on some supplies.  We got some great deals at Target.

I’m always using 40% coupons at the craft stores to stock up on things that we love:

image image

imageThis year we will also be using some of our swagbucks to buy these resources for our school:

 image

image

What supplies and resources do you love to have for your homeschool?

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE school supplies!! Like you I usually come home with bags of supplies. I like to stock up while the prices are great. I really like the idea of having a school supply list and letting them go shopping and pick out their own things. I think I may do this as well. I can always do the major stock up for the year shopping before I take Hope for a little before school outing. Maybe we will even stop off for ice cream. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love all the basics. I get very giddy when Back 2 School stuff is being put out in the stores. Wierd, I know!! :)

    We have to have sketch books. Nice ones. These are my splurge. We use them for nature walks and art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love to have sketch books too. I didn't buy any the other day but will soon. I love all the back to school stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids had so much fun doing this. It was a bit hectic but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't logged in on that comment but it was me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails