Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wednesday is Laundry Day

March 8, 2011 020

Let’s talk about an area in our home that I truly believe is the nemesis of my days as a mom…

Let’s talk…laundry!  ~smile~

(For the record, I am not complaining.  I am extremely happy to have clothes to wash and a family to wear the clothes.  Laundry is just an area that I sometimes let myself get a bit behind and things pile up rather quickly.)

Truth be known, I can not do all of our laundry in one day.

For our family, I must wash 2 – 3 loads a day.  Our laundry schedule looks a bit like this:

  • Monday – sheets and towels
  • Tuesday – permanent press clothing
  • Wednesday – towels, rugs, and special items
  • Thursday – any special items not washed on Wednesday
  • Friday – permanent press items
  • Saturday – towels

So why do I have a laundry day if I wash all week long?

One reason is that I make sure to focus on the laundry area on that day.  The washer and drier are wiped down (and wiped out if needed).  The floor is swept (our laundry is in the garage so it gets dirty quickly).  I take inventory of the laundry detergents and such to see if we are running low. 

A second reason is that I need a day to focus on things that I don’t wash often.  Some laundry days, I will wash the shower curtains or certain window curtains.  Every other month, I will pick two children and wash their comforters and air their pillows on laundry day.  Then the next week, I will pick another 2 or 3 children so that the kids all get clean comforters and pillows every other month.  Every laundry day the bathroom rugs and small kitchen rugs will be washed. 

Since I sometimes get behind on the folding and putting away, I try to make sure that all laundry is folded by Wednesday night before I go to bed.  We all work to put it away the next morning. 

March 8, 2011 035 Sometimes Sunshine Girl likes to wash her doll’s clothing too!

Other posts in this series:

Monday is Cleaning Day

Tuesday is Kitchen Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails