Friday, January 20, 2012

Five on Friday

It’s Friday!  I really like Fridays.  They are busy days for us as we wrap up the homeschool week, clean the house, and do weekend kind of stuff so I’m going to keep it short and sweet today by making five quick points.  (This also helps me have a place to put those random things that I want to share.)

~Number 1~

A while back I told you about a little girl named Tori who is fighting brain cancer.  Tori’s Mom, Penny, is a friend of mine from high school and college.  Tori is still receiving chemo treatments as she battles this disease.  Would you please pray for Tori, Penny, Todd (Dad), and Hunter (big brother)?  I’ve included a video that was made of Tori as she dances to a beautiful song.  I’m amazed as Penny tells stories of Tori as she goes through some tough times battling this disease.  Tori has such a grace and a strength that I honestly don’t know if even I as an adult could have during this time.  She is a special young lady.

 

~Number 2~

It has been incredibly warm here.  Tonight I sat with the seeds & seed catalogs and realized that I might as well start planting my early spring garden.  I’m probably going to do a lot of gardening this weekend.  I’m afraid that if I wait too long, it will be another very hot/very early summer (and it seemed like no spring) like we had last year.  Now watch, we will probably get the coldest weather we’ve ever had once I plant some veggies!

~Number 3~

January 18, 2012 016 

A while back, we came up with a new chore system based on the one that I read about on a new-to-me blog, Sacred Mommyhood.  We’ve been using the plan and tweaking it here and there which is why I have our names written in pencil (the author of the blog used color-coded ink).  After we get all the kinks worked out, we will also color code our chart.  We recently implemented an incentive system to go along with the chore chart.  There will probably be more on that later.

~Number 4~

image 

Do you pin?  I’m talking about Pinterest.  Have you heard about it?  I’m not one to jump on social media bandwagons too quickly.  (I still won’t touch Twitter…yet.) However, Pinterest is different.  It’s like a pinboard where you “pin” interesting and useful (and sometimes just funny) ideas from around the internet.  Some are crafty, there’s a lot of food and fashion, educational, gardening…pretty much something for everyone.  All of these great ideas in one pretty little space.  It’s pretty much awesome!  I’ve put a button above my picture in the sidebar.  You don’t have to follow me (unless you just want to) but if you’re ever interested in finding some good stuff, you can check it out by clicking there.  I’m going to try to plan next week’s menu just from my Pinterest pins.  I’ll let you know how it goes!

~Number 5~

January 17, 2012 040

I needed an incentive to help me get up and exercise.  (I mean besides the obvious ones like losing weight and being healthy! Sad, isn’t it? {smile})  As I thought on what would be a good incentive, I realized that I love cheap costume jewelry to add to my outfits.  So for everyday that I exercise, I’m going to buy myself a bracelet or a necklace or a headband at the {cheap} jewelry store.  Or I’m going to save up my dollars and buy a scarf or a flower pin because I’m really loving those trends right now.   Is it working?  Well, as of the time I wrote this post, I had earned one piece of jewelry.  I still have two more days to exercise this week so we shall see!

I hope y’all have a great weekend!  See you all again soon!

 

4 comments:

  1. We planted Wednesday--more broccoli, more cabbage, chives, mint, oregano, spinach, lettuce, Irish potatoes, carrots! What ever will we do if it snows in February??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love pinterest, but I can't sign up b/c i'm not on facebook or twitter.
    so for now, i will enjoy browsing everyone else's pins:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest with you, I wish I weren't on facebook. The only things keeping me there are keeping up with a few friends whom I don't get to see anymore and pinterest. Pretty much every time I leave there, I would like to delete my account so I just don't visit there very much. But I also didn't think about just browsing everyone's pins on pinterest. That's a thought... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails