Friday, September 28, 2012

Homeschool Mother’s Journal {September}

THSMJbutton

  • In my life this week…
It’s been a quiet and still week.  I’ve been busy with life but not as hurried or frazzled because I’ve been learning to slow down
  • In our homeschool this week…
Egyptians, hieroglyphics, pyramids, Abraham, Sodom & Gomorrah…We love My Father’s World!
September 27, 2012 001 digging a hole to bury various items to see how they do/don’t decompose as we were studying how the Egyptians preserved the bodies of their dead
  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
If you have a membership to Netflix, they have some great shows on Egyptians and pyramids.  My kids have loved seeing what they are learning about on the TV. 
 September 27, 2012 005our morning school schedule sticky note style…pink stands for computer, orange is independent work, green is teaching time with mom, and yellow is free/snack time (can click to enlarge…sorry for blurriness.) 
  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
The two older boys are preparing for a trip to my parents’ house for a weekend of Hunter’s Safety Course.  Our younger three are heading to David’s parents’ place for a weekend of Grandparent fun.  I will be eating lunch with one of my best friends and catching up with her (and also have a date with my husband planned)!  Super excited!
  • Things I’m working on…
Learning to knit.  Next week:  touching up paint while the kids are away and maybe cleaning the closets
  • I’m reading…
Breathe by Keri Wyatt Kent and nodding my head the entire time I read it.  I believe this book was written for me. 
September 27, 2012 012 the homeschool table during break time…I always say that learning is messy!
  • I’m cooking…
I had hit a menu planning rut.  And then a friend told me about emeals.  I signed up and am loving the ease of menu planning and the recipes!
  • I’m grateful for…
Our little Louisiana cottage home.  It’s small and needs some work but it’s home. 
  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
My new meal planning help:
SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH EMEALS MEAL PLANS
How about y’all?  How was your week? 
To visit other Homeschool Mother’s Journals, be sure to visit this link:
iHomeschool Network

2 comments:

  1. I love your sticky note schedule. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karen. I sort of threw it together one day for a visual so my kids and I would know how we needed to work through our mornings. It's actually turned out to be quite helpful for all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails