Confession time: I stayed in my yoga pants until lunch time when I finally took a shower.
The yoga pants were my non-holey yoga pants so that’s good. Right?
excuses for my late start to the day:
- We are on fall break so I’m sleeping in.
- There is an evil, evil allergen like ragweed or goldenrod blooming somewhere, I just know it.
- Because when David asked me how I felt this morning as I awoke, I wanted say, “Like an elephant is sitting on my face”.
- Allergies stink!
- Upon finally dragging my headachey self out of bed, a very cute 4 year old boy said, “Mommy, will you sit right here and hold me?”
- Of course, I did not pass up that opportunity…clothes, shmose! My baby wants me to hold him!
After my noontime shower, I just threw on some jeans, a shirt with a little sparkle, and mascara and lip balm. Oh, and I fixed the bangs.
A little bit later, I got a text that a group I sing with was going to be singing tonight! So I jumped up and did the whole she-bang – hair, jewelry, nice clothes, cute shoes. Only, I have no full body shot because my photographer (my second oldest son) is out of town. So I only have these very poorly taken bathroom mirror self portraits.
That’s quite a difference between my “at home” look and my “going somewhere” look.
- I’d have to say that today was semi-successful. I did get dressed but it was quite late in the day. But still, I did get dressed.
- I was actually more productive in my yoga pants than my regular clothes but that’s because it is hard to sit still in a home with five kids.
- I wish my “going somewhere” look was easier so that it was also my “at home” look.