Thursday, October 4, 2012

Learning to knit {casting on}

October 3, 2012 013

As of last week, I have added the title of “knitter” to my list of titles.  Every where I have gone with my new knitting project, I have heard others say, “I have always wanted to learn how to knit!” 

I too have always wanted to learn and bought a book about learning to knit.  However, I was never able to figure it out. 

One night, I decided to search Youtube for videos on knitting.  And let me tell you what – there are tons of videos about knitting! 

So I figured that I’d share the videos that I used to learn about knitting.  However, I do want to point out that I am newbie at this knitting thing.  That being said, I probably won’t be able to help you much other than directing you to a video or to someone who has much more experience than I do.  Right now my experience includes a few stitches and making progress on a dishcloth or two. 

learning how to knit button

So if you want to learn how to knit, grab some knitting needles and yarn and follow along with the videos. 

The first video that I am linking to is about casting on.  I tried a few other videos about casting on with just one needle but I couldn’t get it to work.  This video actually worked for me except I did a slip knot at the beginning like I do when I am crocheting.  (If I remember correctly, she just tied it on or something like that.)  Of course, I had to pause the video and play it a few times to fully grasp the technique but it wasn’t long before it just flowed easily like I’d been doing it a long time.

Casting on

Making a slip knot

 

If you are learning how to knit, practice casting on this week.  Next week, I’ll link to some videos on the knit stitch and making dishcloths.  However, if you don’t want to wait, just do a search on Youtube and you will find all kinds of videos on those two things.

Have fun knitting and let me know how it’s going for you!

Adriane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails