Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Field Trip to the Fire Station

Weekends around here are pretty busy.  This past weekend was no different.  After a trip to the fair grounds to pick up our 4-H projects, we headed to one of the city’s fire stations. 

Album 9 - 28 - 2009 003

Being at the fire station around those huge trucks, was just awe inspiring.  I was amazed at how clean and efficient everything was. 

Album 9 - 28 - 2009 009

The firemen were so friendly and explained the fire station and equipment to the children.  I was very impressed with the young men who worked there. 

Album 9 - 28 - 2009 005

The children (and adults) were allowed to climb into one of the huge rescue trucks.

Album 9 - 28 - 2009 014

The firemen gave us a demonstration of how quickly they must get suited up during an emergency.  We even got to see the firemen called out on an emergency while we were there. 

Album 9 - 28 - 2009 023

Of course, the ladder truck wowed us all!  Everyone loved the fire station.

Album 9 - 28 - 2009 029

And I’ve got two little boys dreaming of possible futures as firemen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails