Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The “perfect” life

Our discipleship training class is studying the book Me, Myself, & Lies by Jennifer Rothschild on Sunday nights.  It is about our thought closets and how we wear what is in our thought closets.  (More about all of this later.)  My thought closet or self talk has been a jumbled mess for a while now.  I know that I can beat myself up in my mind and then I show that in my actions and words. 

One particular area that I struggle with is in the area of “having it all together”.  This becomes especially hard when I am on in the internet and run into other home school moms who seem to do it all.  They can school their children, run a business, exercise, and find time to bake home made bread, etc.  (I’m not knocking anyone who can do these things…I’m just not there and I’m not sure that I ever will be.)  I know for myself that I wake up and hit the ground running until I fall into bed at night.  I’ve been trying to squeak out some time for exercise and all I know is that I need a few more hours added to the day.  ;0)

Today, I was cruising around the internet due to the fact that I’ve caught a lovely cold and I have to slow down.  I happened upon this post about this same thing.  I realized that I do only blog about the good things and that things may seem perfect or that I’ve got it all together but that’s not the case. 

When I post pictures, you are seeing what I want you to see.  I block out the mess that is inches away or the child who is acting up outside of the picture frame.  So I thought that I’d keep it real and post what happens during a typical day that I don’t normally post about. 

Album 9 - 25 - 2009 057

This is actually not as messy as normal.  This is at the completion of our school day.

Album 9 - 25 - 2009 054

The littles can make many messes during school time but it keeps them occupied.

Album 9 - 25 - 2009 055

Album 9 - 25 - 2009 056

This is the laundry waiting for me after school is finished.  This does not include the two loads in the washer and dryer.  I believe that laundry is my nemesis.  ;0)     (Notice the child.)

Album 9 - 25 - 2009 058

Ok, I know that you really wanted to see my dirty dishes but I’m keeping it real here.  I consider it a good day when the dishes are clean and the laundry is folded.  It doesn’t even have to be put away.  A week where I actually get to mop the floors is a miracle week!  I should mention that my husband helps me immensely with the housework.  Since he has been laid off, he stays on top of dishes for me.  Today, he was out looking for a job so it was all me and well, I didn’t get it done.

Album 9 - 25 - 2009 060

Lots of people = lots of shoes in a messy pile

Album 9 - 25 - 2009 085

The Baby loves to sneak in and make a mess with the cat food.  If we forget to pick it up after the cat is finished, bam, it’s a goner.

So, that’s a look at our messy, unpredictable life.  It’s not a perfect life but it is a good one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails