Friday, September 18, 2009

Momma said there’d be days like this

I don’t know if it was because it had rained everyday for a week and the kids had been a little more cooped up than normal, but this was a rough week. It didn’t take long for me to be at my wit’s end from the crying, complaining, etc… and that was by Tuesday morning!

Album 9 - 18- 2009 011 It looks like someone found a mud hole!

So on Tuesday, when there was a break in the rain, I threw all the plans out the window. I’m not spontaneous by nature but when it’s 9:30 in the morning and you wish that you could go back to bed…well, you can get flexible rather quick like.Album 9 - 18- 2009 009The Princess shows that even a girly girl knows her way around tools.

We headed out the door and to the backyard. Everyone scattered to various parts of the yard and started doing his or her thing.

Album 9 - 18- 2009 013 The two little ones ready for a game of blast off on the swing.

Even the sun decided to come out to play for a while. I’m always amazed at how much being outside in the fresh air with the sun shining on me lifts my spirits.

Album 9 - 18- 2009 014 5…4…3…2…1…

We played for 30 minutes or an hour, I really wasn’t keeping an eye on it. It was nice to just see my kids smiling and enjoying our time together.

Album 9 - 18- 2009 017 BLAST OFF!

I read some good advice this week to homeschooling families. It was that it is better to be momma to our kids than always teacher(paraphrased Adriane style). This was one day when I put aside my teacher hat and embraced my mommy hat. And in the end, our day that started out roughly, ended very nicely.

Album 9 - 18- 2009 016 Sunshine Girl coming back for another blast off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails