Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rainy Day Fun

I love rainy days.  Well, I love rainy days when I don’t have to leave the house and when they don’t have tornado warnings attached to them. 

Today was a rainy day.  Unfortunately, it became pretty ugly out there but we were spared.  As I type this, I am listening to the news of others who are without electricity and have experienced damage.  We were actually pretty clueless that it was as bad as it was outside until my Dad called to check on us.

Since it was a stay inside day, we had to find some other activities to keep us busy.  Album 10 -29- 2009 031 We made some fall leaf sun catchers to hang in our windows.  This is a yearly tradition but we had not been able to do it this year because I could not find clear contact paper in any stores!  Then last night, I happened to find some in my craft box and I was thrilled! 

Album 10 -29- 2009 029

So we cut fall colored tissue paper into pieces and then placed the paper pieces on half of a large sheet of contact paper.

 

 

Album 10 -29- 2009 036

We folded the covered contact paper in half (like a hamburger as my kids say) and then cut out leaf shapes.

 

 

Album 10 -29- 2009 035

Then we put our leaves in various windows throughout the house.  We added a touch of fall beauty to an otherwise dreary day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails