Saturday, November 21, 2009

Learning from the leaves

 Album 11 - 17 - 2009 004

I have a neighbor who  spends the season of fall trying to keep leaves off of his front lawn.  Most days, you will find him outside with a leaf blower trying to achieve an immaculate patch of grass.  Normally, I like a nice, clean, uncluttered look but when it comes to leaves I must be weird.  I love the look of scattered leaves here and there.  I’m sure that my neighbor loves that about us. :0)

Album 11 - 17 - 2009 007

To me, fighting the leaves on a daily basis is like fighting a fight you can’t win.  Yes, if you do a little each day, it does make the job easier (in most cases).  But honestly, it is disheartening to work so hard one day, only to wake and  find that the ground is covered with the leaves that were left on the tree the day before. 

Album 11 - 17 - 2009 010

Of course, this is about more than just leaves.  I work so hard to control situations in my life and wake to find that you can’t see the work I’ve done.  That’s because, I’m looking to see the work that I’ve done.   So…I’m learning to wait.   Wait for God.  Wait for Him to do His work.  Wait for His perfect timing. 

Album 11 - 2 - 2009 026

It’s not easy -  this learning to wait when you are used to taking control.  But when I do wait for Him and His good work, it’s good.  Like jumping into a pile of leaves good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails