Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Our Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We left on Thursday morning and drove south to my Grandma’s house. I have a small family but it is always a joy to get together for Thanksgiving. However, it is always tinged with a bit of sadness as it is the anniversary of the last day that we saw my little brother here on earth. We always make a trip out to the graveyard to visit my brother’s grave. So a good day but a sad day…but I don’t want this to be a sad post so…

album 12 - 2- 2009 059

Early morning in the RV

We spent the next few days at my parent’s house. The older boys had been there for over a week for their annual hunting trip with my Dad. The younger three children, David, and I took residence in my mom and dad’s RV which they parked outside. It was nice to get away from the busyness of everyday life and just be a family. We actually were in bed before ten p.m. every night! I haven’t felt that rested in a long time.

album 12 - 2- 2009 011

Roasting hot dogs and making s’mores in PawPaw and Grammy’s fire pit. In the background is my old Barbie doll Dream House that we pulled out of storage. It is over 30 years old!album 12 - 2- 2009 030

We definitely had plenty of food!

On Saturday, we headed to David’s parent’s house for his family get together. His family is much larger than mine and it is always a blast. I love that my children will grow up with so many uncles, aunts, and cousins.

album 12 - 2- 2009 032

Playing in the same playhouse that our Daddy played in as a child.

album 12 - 2- 2009 036

album 12 - 2- 2009 039

album 12 - 2- 2009 042

See..

album 12 - 2- 2009 043

Saw!

album 12 - 2- 2009 040

I love little boys in overalls! So so cute!

It was another great Thanksgiving day!

And while I’m at it…

Wednesday Weigh in

I really didn’t want to step on that scale this morning. I was pleased to see that I did not gain any weight. I didn’t lose either but I’m fine with that. I’m hoping to maintain that for the next few weeks. I’ve all ready claimed 2010 as the year that I get rid of this excess weight so I’m excited for January when these holidays are behind me and I can get myself healthy again!

1 comment:

  1. I played in that treehouse and that seesaw a long time ago too!

    Missed y'all Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails