Wednesday, May 5, 2010

~A kitchen day checklist~

In trying to reclaim my household from the chaos that has taken over these past few months, I have decided to assign each day of the week its own tasks.  Since Tuesday seems to be a calmer day for me, it will be my kitchen day.  Here is a glimpse at Tuesday’s kitchen day. ~

~Prepare beef ribs and boneless chicken thighs for grilling. ~

DSCN3459

I made a rub for the ribs using salt, brown sugar, seasoning salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, and dried mustard.  We coated them with bar-b-que sauce as they were cooking.

The chicken is being marinated in a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing dry mix and olive oil. 

~Set the bread maker to mixing up pita bread dough.~

DSCN3462 ~recipe here~

~Begin Artisan bread with a little help, of course.~

DSCN3464DSCN3465

~recipe here~

~Cook black beans and brown hamburger meat for Wednesday’s lunch of nachos and taco salad.~

DSCN3468

DSCN3476

~Begin day 1 of sourdough starter.~

 DSCN3471

~Using directions found here~

~Clean out one drawer and one cabinet.  Clean out another drawer and cabinet next time.  It’s not so overwhelming that way.~

 

DSCN3482

DSCN3488

~Wash and chop veggies for tonight’s dinner.~

DSCN3487

 ~Bake pita bread and discuss with husband how that pocket of air got in the middle.~

DSCN3496

 ~Wash a lot of dishes and go to bed content after a day of hard work.~

6 comments:

  1. The kitchen is my favorite place! You have a lot of organizing going on in your home this week! I am uplifted and encouraged as I am in a "rut" with gettin it all done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mind think alike. I tackled the dreaded "Tupperware" cabinet last night. (Not that there's any real Tubberware in there...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this idea. I have tried doing a room a week but I get discouraged and drop the whole thing. But a room a day would keep me motivated I think. Thanks for sharing, I need something to get me going. Like Amanda, I am in a rut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if it is the time of the year ~ I feel like our household is chaotic too! Everything looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't typically like to work in the kitchen but I did enjoy this day. One thing, I really like to make bread. Don't ask me to make cookies because that's just not my thing! :) But bread...awww, I love it! The work that I did on this day really helped us to not eat out this week. I hope to do another one this coming week but I've got a super busy day next Tuesday so we shall see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this idea. I have tried doing a room a week but I get discouraged and drop the whole thing. But a room a day would keep me motivated I think. Thanks for sharing, I need something to get me going. Like Amanda, I am in a rut!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails