Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Simple Woman’s Daybook ~ The last day of August

tdbsmall

FOR TODAY ~ August 30, 2010  (Is it seriously almost September?)

Outside my window...  it’s dark.  The days are still hot but not as hot.  Praying for rain soon.

I am thinking...    about everything that I need to do.

Tonight:  prepare for school tomorrow. 

This week:  learning music for the children’s choir class that I will be teaching soon.

I am thankful ...   for David’s promotion and pay raise.

From the learning rooms...   Native Americans, Christopher Columbus and other explorers.  We are loving Sonlight!  The Little ones are working on the letter L and “little” things.  You can visit our homeschool “room” by going here

From the kitchen...  I’ve not been very inspired in the kitchen lately.  I’ve made plans to visit Tammy’s Recipes this week and I hope that it inspires me a bit more.  

I am creating...  plans mainly… there’s not much time for crafting right now but I do have lots of UFOs (unfinished objects) floating around.   

In the garden…   Not much at all.  I had plans to  plant a fall garden this past weekend and I spent all day Saturday on the couch because I felt badly.  (allergies...)

I am reading...  Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Ted Tripp~ We are going through a video series at church by the author of this book.  Great parenting advice.

I am hoping... that I feel better soon, we get rain soon, and that I figure out a schedule for our school that will work with four grade levels going on at the same time!  Others do it so I know I can too…by the grace of God!

I am hearing...  the quiet of a house when the little ones are in bed. 

Around the house...  Piles of laundry to be folded and swept floors that need to be mopped…school has started so the house is not as neat as I’d like. 

One of my favorite things...  zinnias in the garden.  The butterflies and hummingbirds love them.  Last week on a particularly rough day, I sat on my swing and watched two butterflies fluttering around the pink zinnias.  We will most definitely plant them again next year.

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Missions begins at church tomorrow night.  I am going to go to choir even if I croak like a bullfrog with these silly allergies.  They may ask me to leave the soprano section and go to the bass section.  ;)  We are spending Labor Day weekend at home and will probably do some cooking out and swimming. 

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing…

A picture of our little athlete.  She is seriously one athletic little girl.  And did I mention that she is very girly too.  She had a blast playing basketball at the family reunion.

DSCN5522

 

To visit other daybooks, please be sure to visit The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

4 comments:

  1. I am lacking in kitchen inspiration too. I am hoping that I will be inspired. Im gonna have to head over to the site you mentioned to check it out.
    I was just thinking the other day how I wished I had planted zinnias. My mama used to plant them everywhere when we were little and they make such a nice cut flower for the hot months.

    take care!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better soon! Have a great day!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comment about my new header! I was having fun figuring out all the neat things it can do! LOL I like how you changed yours too. As I learn more I'll be experimenting more. Like to figure out the blog buttons too. Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better soon! Have a great day!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails