Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Finding balance in my blog time ~

I had every intention of being online bright and early Monday morning to post my weight loss (actually weight gain) post.

What I didn’t plan was to awaken bright and early Monday morning with strep throat!

So after two days in bed, a visit to the doctor, and an injection of antibiotics, I am starting to feel better. 

But, boy, the blog has been neglected.

DSCN6701

Honestly, though, things are going really well.  For the first time in years, I feel like things are coming together around here.  The house is getting organized.  Routines are being established.  Work is getting done.  Time is being spent with my husband and children.  My talents are being used again to serve others.

My life feels…

balanced.

I have not been able to say that for quite some time now. 

DSCN6741 ~Sunshine Girl at the fall festival~

And this balance that has overtaken our home & lives is bringing some special gifts with it…

peace & joy

I haven’t been able to say that in a while either.

DSCN6743 ~Flower Girl at the fall festival~

And it seems that the secret to

this balance,

this peace,

this joy

is

More of Him, Less of me.

DSCN6747 ~Bryce spent time working at one of the bouncy houses during the fall festival.~

I’ve been spending more time with my Heavenly Father and less time pursuing things to “fluff” me up. 

I’ve been spending more time reading the Bible and less time reading blogs.

More time praying and less time writing blog posts in my head.

More time living my life in real time instead of cyber time.

And I want to say that I don’t see anything wrong with reading blogs or writing posts…not at all. 

It is something that I love to do. 

But my life was out of balance and not only did I suffer for it…

so did my family.

So if the blog gets a little quiet, I promise that I have not abandoned it.  I am just trying to focus on what will give my life balance and meet the needs of my family.

Before I go, one particular book has really been a great spiritual uplift here lately.  It’s been on our family bookshelf for years but it seems to be a timely book for me now.

Life Management for Busy Women: Living Out God's Plan with Passion and Purpose

I’ve not read the whole book so I can’t speak as to the entire book.  But so far, this book has been inspiring me to better manage my time by beginning with the most important:  the spiritual aspect of my life.

I hope you have a blessed rest of the week!

 

3 comments:

  1. Adrian,
    I can so relate to what you are saying. Balance is something I desire in my own life. The peace and joy that comes with balance is unbelievable. Yes, I love blogging but I have to limit writing and reading. I find "just a few minutes" on the computer can turn into an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to take all this good advice and put it into practice in my own life. More of Him, less of me. I love it!
    I am so happy that you have found your groove. You remain to be a true source of inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all!

    Lecia ~ You are so right. The computer can eat up all of my time if I'm not very careful.

    Amanda ~ Awww, thanks. You inspire me much too, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails