Wednesday, May 18, 2011

In the garden this week ~

My early mornings have been so full around here as I wake early and grab a cup of coffee, spend some time in the Word, and talk a bit with my husband before I head out to the garden.

May 18, 2011 017 blackberries

I love early mornings in the garden.  There’s not much that compares to starting your day with a little hard work and harvesting of food.  

May 18, 2011 018 herbs and wildflowers spilling out of the front beds

On most of these early mornings I am alone.  I am alone in the garden listening to the birds sing their morning songs and listening to the sounds of a city awakening to start its day.

May 18, 2011 022tomatoes…this is the summer treat that I await the most out of all of the garden

Often I am singing to myself as I pull weeds, harvest veggies, or plant new seeds & plants.  I just can not come to the garden in the early morning without singing:

May 18, 2011 026 still harvesting lettuce and carrots

I come to the garden alone,

May 18, 2011 028 the last of the sweet peas

while the dew is still on the roses,

May 18, 2011 034 a first for our garden ~ PEANUTS!

and the voice I hear, falling on my ear,

May 18, 2011 042 onion flower

the Son of God discloses.

May 18, 2011 035 cucumbers trying to find the trellis

And He walks with me and He talks with me

May 18, 2011 039 pumpkin volunteer in the onions

He tells me I am His own,

May 18, 2011 030 These pole beans were supposed to be “bush beans” and were planted in a fashion for bush beans.   We had to get kind of creative with the trellis. 

And the joy we share as we tarry there,

May 18, 2011 038 My kids call this box planted with cucumbers, black beans, and nasturtiums “the jungle”.  Personally, I like it! 

None other has ever known.

Of course, it’s not long before I have many little garden helpers to help me in the garden!  {smile}

May 18, 2011 081

This is today’s garden harvest.  Can you guess what we’ll be eating this week?

 

May 18, 2011 106

There’s a peek at the Little White House garden.  So how is your garden growing right now?

 

This post is linked to Frugal Gardening 101 at Smockity Frocks

 

smockityfrocks.com

and also to Tuesday Gardening Party at An Oregon cottage.  (Click buttons to visit these sites.)

(Click the buttons to visit these sites.)

6 comments:

  1. Okay so I must ask Miss Adriane - where in the US do you live? Because I'm in cold Oregon and I only have lettuce (and small baby lettuce at that). How in the world do you have tomatoes and pumpkin blooming and peas ready to pick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!
    Look at your garden!!!

    It's amazing what your family has done with a small patch of yard in the city.

    You remain to be a true inspiration.

    Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely garden! And peanuts - exciting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks wonderful!! Peanuts too!! Jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My garden is...umm... there, I guess! :) There is alot of green, but not much else. I have yet to haevest anything from it. But I am hopefull for all the green :)

    I LOVE the hymn you posted. I can never remember the name, but I sing it too as I walk through our yard and look over all the flower gardens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely garden! And peanuts - exciting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails