Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Losing Adriane {the holiday edition}

It’s been a while since a Losing Adriane post.  (That would actually be 5 months since a post!)  Honestly, I kind of put the whole weight loss thing on hold.  I was doing ok – not losing weight but not gaining either.  I figured that after Thanksgiving and Christmas I’d get it in gear and stick with it this time.  (Why, oh why is it so hard to stick with?)  Not to mention I was getting a lot of compliments about my weight loss from others.  So I figured it wasn’t so bad…eh?

Then I noticed that my jeans were getting tight in the waist again.

And I looked and noticed that I was sitting smack dab in the middle of the two holidays where we eat, and eat, and eat, and eat!  

Now, I’m not knocking eating.  I quite enjoy it myself.  {smile} However, I just do not want to gain any more weight during this Christmas season.  So I’m picking up with this Losing Adriane thing again…right now…at possibly the worst time of the year. 

My goal is not to actually lose any weight over the next few weeks but to simply maintain where I am right now.  (Which is now 185 pounds.  Up from 181.)  But if I do lose weight, I’ll be ok with that.  I’m just hoping by doing a few things this holiday season that I’ll be able to realize that every little bite that goes into my mouth affects my body and perhaps keep myself from overeating. 

So what am I doing to keep from gaining weight over the holidays?

  • Water, water, water

 December 13, 2011 030

I’d like to introduce you to my friend, Tervis.  She is a little bit on the expensive side but ain’t she pretty? (Yes, I just said ain’t.  And no, I don’t let my kids say it! {smile})   She goes most places with me and some how, she motivates me to empty her of her 24 ounces of water many times a day.  (I think it’s her pretty polka dots!)  I feel fuller and eat less when I’ve been drinking water. 

December 14, 2011 006

I recently had to update my cell phone and was so excited that my new phone had apps on it.  I found an app for My Fitness Pal, which I was all ready doing online.  But since I can’t get to the computer 3+ times a day to update, it wasn’t quite working for me.  However, my phone is close by and it is so easy for me to fill in my food for the day or pull it out and see how many calories are remaining for the day.  This really helps me to decide if I need to eat that extra cookie or {fill in the blank} that can often be found around the holidays.  (My Fitness Pal is very easy to use and free too!)

October 3, 2011 011

  • Reduce the amount of soda

You may notice in my food diary above that I have not kicked the soda habit.  Oh how I would love to be done with the horribly bad for you but oh so yummy drink of totally empty calories!  For some reason, I lack the will power.  (excuses)  Right now, I am just limiting myself to one a day.  Drinking coffee (fewer calories) and lemon water is helping me to not reach for a soda as often.

 

  • Move, move, move

My exercise story goes like this:

start exercising, enjoy exercising, get sick, stop exercising, resist starting again, finally start again, enjoy exercising, get sick…

You can probably see where this is going.  {smile}

Not too long ago I had started exercising, then I twisted my ankle (and not even while exercising) and now I am sick.  I know that I must exercise to lose weight.  For me, it is the only way.  I am setting a goal of 3 times a week for 20 minutes each time…even with this cold.  I’m just going to do it!

There you go!  That’s my plan for the last few weeks of this year.  Hopefully this plan will help me to think about what I am eating before it goes into my mouth.  I will be documenting my weigh-ins on Mondays by updating this page that I’ve created.  You can find it by clicking on the tab at the top of my blog.  Please feel free to check in on me and hold me accountable for what I say I am going to do.  {smile}

To read some of my old Losing Adriane posts, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails