Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Goals for January 2012

January 10, 2012 009

A new year, for me, begs for new goals to work towards.  I love goals.  They give me a focus and set my feet on a path of purpose. 

As I went back to check out last year’s goals, I realized that I just have a hard time focusing on goals for an entire year.  I love the 3 in 30 idea of just focusing on three habits over 30 days.  I have participated in it before and may again.  This year, I thought that maybe I’d write a list of goals for each month and work to focus my extra time on those things.  Here are my goals for January.  We’ll see at the end of the month if this is going to be a doable thing or not.  {smile} 

Spiritual

  • Participate in the Gentleness Challenge at Women Living Well as I work on speaking softly and gently to my children.

The-Gentlenss-challenge2

  • Start studying Ephesians using the SOAP method with the Good Morning Girls  (Loved studying 1 John that way!  Not sure if I’ll join a group or not.  Maybe I’ll just participate from afar again)

Family

  • Continue reading time with Dad at night (more on that later)
  • Have a family night one day a week

Health

  • Exercise 3 times a week – NO EXCUSES {smile}
  • Bed by 10:30 

Home

  • Make a list of repairs and remodeling to be done per room/area of house
  • Organize recipe binders
  • Decorate office nook in living room

Garden/City Farm

  • Cut back raspberries, blackberries, and grapes.  Transplant all but grapes to new areas.
  • Draw garden plans/ Make list of needed seeds & plants
  • Plant pansies (I need some flowers!)
  • Draw/plan for chicken run extension

Financial

  • Set year’s financial goals with Dave (we’ll have a meeting and a DATE this weekend to do this! YIPEE!)
  • Make a money flow plan for each paycheck (Meet with David when paid and assign every dollar a place to go before we spend it)

Blog and Personal

  • Post 2 or 3 times a week (I’ve got a new plan for this which is why I’ve actually posted 2 days in a row!)
  • Set aside a day each week to visit blogs and comment (Since I have little time on the computer, most of my blog reading is done with google reader.  The problem with that is that I can’t comment.  I’m missing talking with some of my blog friends and meeting some new ones.)
  • Update side bar of blog and pages across the top
  • Read at least one new book (more on that soon too)

Most of my goals are new habits that I plan to carry over into the upcoming months.  Some of them are just things I need to cross off of my to-do list for the month.  It looks like a lot!  Yikes!  I’ll update at the end of the month and let y’all know how if this worked for us.  {smile}

Did you set any yearly/monthly goals?  I love (seriously, I do) to read other’s goals.  If you want to share, just leave me a comment or a link to your blog…I’d love to meet you!

 

4 comments:

  1. Girl, now you've got me thinking about some monthly goals. :) I love the idea of setting them by month instead of the whole year. I get a little goal ADD by the end of the year and can't remember what I was doing in the first place. I must come up with a few for January. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've been blogging about some similar stuff lately myself ... new habits I'm trying to form, but not all at once (so as to avoid burnout and failure). Come on by ... and I'm happy I've found YOUR blog. I'm excited to look around. Nice to "meet" you.

    www.irienarrowpath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed on the "goal ADD". I can totally relate to that! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi IrieMomma! Nice to meet you. Thanks for the invite, I'll be sure to check out your place on the web!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails