Wednesday, February 15, 2012

a daybook entry

Since it has been ten days since I’ve last written a post, you might realize that those germs we were fighting around here…well, I guess we can say that they turned on me and decided to battle me for while.  Sometimes I find the easiest way to start blogging again is to write a daybook entry.  Not to mention that I love to read them on other blogs too! 

Outside my window

We have had a few dreary, rainy days.  I have said that  I will not complain about the rain especially after our drought this past summer.  I will say, however, that I am ready for some sunshine!

 

I am listening to

Quiet.  David took the kids out for a while tonight.   

 

I am so grateful

that my kids are feeling better.  Now we just need for David and I to kick this old crud out of our home!

 

I am pondering

some of our family dreams.  We had a discussion tonight during dinner with the kids about some of what we are planning for our family.  Lots to ponder right now.

January 30, 2012 033

I am reading

I just got three new books in the mail today.  I’ve decided to make a place on the blog to document all of our readings.  {coming soon}

 

I am thinking

about the garden, and the chickens, and the closets…basically everything that I’ve not been able to do because I’ve been sick

 

I am creating

plans.  But I had a strong urge to pull out my sewing machine yesterday.  I am just going to have to do it.  Soon.

 

February 15, 2012 009

the kids made dioramas of the African grasslands and animals last week while I was sick

 

In the school room

We’ve been hitting the basics these past few weeks and throwing in the extras when we feel up to it.  I’ve also been thinking on next year’s curriculum choices.

 

I am praying

I have so many friends battling cancer right now.  I pray over these people everyday.  Would you pray for them with me too?

  • Tori (young child)
  • David and Vicky (husband and wife both with cancer)
  • Cathy (high school classmate)
  • Virginia (school mate who had breast cancer and now diagnosed with colon cancer)

 

Around the house

I’ve been remodeling and updating our home in my head in hopes of selling it.  Maybe we can actually take the plans from my head and execute them now that we are feeling better.

January 30, 2012 026

In the garden

the peas are breaking through the ground.  Also seeing little lettuces and chard.  Need to do so much work out there.  I so need {and want} to be out there!

 

A few plans for the rest of the week

home school Valentine skating party

 

A picture that I’d like to share


I’d actually like to share a video of Tori, the little girl who is fighting brain cancer.  Tori’s Mom and I have been friends since high school.  I haven’t seen her in years or even met Tori but Penny (her mom) is one of my forever friends.  Tori is going through a difficult round of chemo and needs our prayers right now.  This video tells her story.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails