Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 5 {2012} or the week we battled germs

From the title of this post, you can probably tell what we did all week.  We started the week with three sick and ended the week with three sick. (And a different three at that!)  Despite our war on germs this week, we did step outside of our home (though we went no further than our yard) and enjoyed some beautiful sunshine. 

February 1, 2012 003The beginning of the week started with water streaming into the air across the street from us.  We had a huge back-hoe in our driveway as he dug a hole in our yard to repair the leak.  (And somehow spared one of our crepe myrtles when digging right beside it.  I was very impressed with the operator’s tractor skills.) 

February 1, 2012 021As we started to feel better, we would go out and enjoy the beautiful weather.  I had to snap a picture of my boy in his black boots and red shorts.

February 5, 2012 002 By Thursday, our house looked like this as many of us were busy battling those germs that were making us sick. 

February 5, 2012 003

We had to close school on Thursday due to sick students.  So I finished up that unfinished recipe organization project in between taking care of my kiddos.

February 5, 2012 009

On Friday, my babies were feeling better (almost all of them) and we ventured outside into the beautiful, spring-like weather and dug up carrots.  (The best tasting carrots ever, according to the girls.)

February 5, 2012 017

It was warm enough to pull out the flip-flops.  (If the weather stays warm, then Mama most definitely needs a pedicure!)

 

I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to see my little blessings out in the sunshine after a week of feeling badly.

February 5, 2012 025

Makes my heart want to sing

February 5, 2012 026

because I sure do love these kiddos!

February 5, 2012 020

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails