Saturday, June 30, 2012

What to plant in Louisiana {July}

 June 7, 2012 040

Temperatures have hit 100 degrees (plus) in Louisiana!  Can we still plant anything or is it too hot for the seeds to germinate? 

According to this Louisiana publication, we can plant the following:

broccoli seed (after 7/15)

brussels sprouts seed (after 7/15)

cabbage

cantaloupes

cauliflower (I’m assuming seed on this one.  My chart didn’t specify.)

chinese cabbage (after 7/15)

collard greens

cucumbers

okra

southern peas

bell pepper (seed – only until 7/5)

bell pepper plants (after 7/15)

pumpkin

rutabagas

shallots

summer squash

tomato plants (for a fall crop)

watermelons

 

Here’s what I’ve planted recently despite the high temps that has germinated and is growing:

watermelons, cantaloupes, cucumbers, collard greens

This month we will also be planting:

crowder peas, black beans, pumpkins and butternut squash

To see actual planting dates, please visit the LSU Ag Center.

Are you planting any crops in July?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails