Monday, October 8, 2012

31 days of getting dressed: 8/31

gettingdressedseriesbutton

Wow!

This challenge to get dressed from head-to-toe for 31 days (instead of living in my holey yoga pants) is stretching me in ways that I really didn’t imagine.  I figured that I’d just be more productive and feel better about myself because I was dressed and ready for the day.  What I am finding is that:

  •   I’ve let myself develop some bad habits such as not waking before my kids so I can ready myself for the day. 
  • When I start my day before the kids start it for me,  the day seems to go along easier because I’m not starting it behind.
  • In order for the morning to start well, I need to start the night before.  If I lay out my clothes and get to bed at a decent time, the whole morning starts off easier.  In other words, I need morning and bedtime routines.

 October 8, 2012 014 My older boys had me cracking up during the “photo shoot”

These routines are what we have for days when we have to be out early in the morning.  I don’t know why I’ve resisted to having them be a part of our home school days also. 

I’m also finding out that:

  • little things like headbands and earrings spruce up an everyday ponytail and will lead to comments like, “You’re so pretty, Mommy.”
  • and that a pretty cardigan adds a little spring to my step while doing the everyday tasks of keeping a home.

October 8, 2012 031

 

To read my other 31 days of getting dressed posts, please click the button at the top of the post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails