Monday, October 8, 2012

my {life} list

I find it amazing that as I begin my 40s, I am more aware of life than ever before.  I truly appreciate life and realize how much of a blessing it is to have life.  Maybe because I love one whose life was cut short by death.  Maybe because I see so many around me fighting for life as they battle cancer.  Maybe it is even the mid-life crisis that so many talk about…whatever it is, I am aware of life. 

I have many things that I want to do with my life still.  Some things are big and some are small.  Some of these things may never be accomplished though I would love it if they all are accomplished.  But none the less, I’m going to make a life list and add to it many of the things that I’d like to do, see, or experience in my life. 

Over time, I will come and add to this life list.  And sometimes, I will update an item on the list with a big {DONE}.

  • learn how to knit {DONE}
  • participate in the 31 days series {Done}
  • start a new blog {Done}
  • visit the Grand Canyon
  • homestead in the country
  • raise chickens for eggs and meat
  • raise goats
  • can much of our food from our own garden
  • learn how to quilt
  • visit Washington D.C.
  • meet some of my blog friends in real life
  • have some honeybee hives
  • learn how to make soap
  • lose 60 pounds
  • break the soda habit
  • knit a scarf {Done}
  • knit some socks
  • visit Ireland
  • read the entire Bible from cover to cover
  • memorize a passage from the Bible
  • see all of my children become followers of Jesus Christ
  • write a children’s book
  • start playing the piano again
  • learn how to play the violin
  • run in a 5K
  • write an ebook
  • adopt a child {children?}
  • sponsor a child through Compassion International
  • go on a mission trip
  • become the owner of a DSLR camera {Done}
  • take a photography class
  • start a business {of unknown nature at this time…}

 

I’m sure that there will be more things added over time as I think of them. 

And before I go, let me share with you a video.  My friend from high school, Penny, shared this video with us on facebook.  Penny’s daughter is battling cancer.  This video is of children who are battling cancer, one of whom is Penny’s daughter.  Will you please visit the link to the video and “like” it?  For every “like” or sharing of this video on facebook or twitter, $1 is being donated to the Rally Foundation to find a cure for children with cancer.  Thank you! 

Please make sure to follow the link to the video on Youtube and like it, share it on Facebook, or tweet about it on Twitter for the Rally Foundation to receive $1 for every like or share (up to $50,000) from Robert Mondavi Private Selection.

Blessings!  Adriane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails