Friday, November 9, 2012

Fall {fun} learning

I love fall!  The actual season is quite short here in the deep south so I grab every opportunity to incorporate fall fun into our learning.

It may be a little late to squeeze in all of these activities this fall, but I’m going to post them as ideas for next year.  Here are some things we have done this fall and some we are planning on doing:

November 8, 2012 005

F is for fall

An “F” decorated with falling leaves and a feather.  (I haven’t a clue where the feather came from…I guess Evan found it and added it to the paper since it was the same sound. {smile})

We also sang these fall songs while identifying colors and color words.  My kids are partial to the “Leaves are falling, Leaves are falling, One fell on my nose” sang to the tune of Jingle Bells. 

October 23, 2012 034

Fun fall counters

We bought these counters from Dollar Tree a few years ago.  (But I’m sure they have something similar even now.)  They have come in handy for counting, patterning, adding & subtracting, and even multiplying.  It’s amazing how something so simple motivates the kids. 

November 8, 2012 007

 IMG_20121029_170557

Fall handprint trees

My older kids did this in the past and now I’ve done it with my two littles.  For the handprint trees, we used brown construction paper, traced the little ones’ hands, and glued it to white construction paper.  The little ones used cotton swabs (and fingers) to decorate the trees with falling leaves.  I hot glued the trees to some painted frames and hung them in our kitchen. (Note to self:  write the date on the pictures before placing in memory boxes.)

Other fun fall activities:

 

October 16, 2012 011

October 19, 2012 047

Pumpkin carving and seed roasting

We carved pumpkins this year and roasted the seeds.  I had intentions of turning this into a writing lesson for the younger ones but did not. 

October 23, 2012 035

Apples, apples, apples

We did some activities earlier in the fall season with apples.  I’ve pinned some great ideas on Pinterest.  This picture is our learning board.  The board holds vocabulary words, songs, and spelling activities.  There is more about our past apple fun here

IMAG0133November 8, 2012 002

Thanksgiving

This coming week, our children (older and younger) will be focusing on Thanksgiving.  Here are some of the ideas that we will be using:

 

What are your favorite fall fun learning activities?

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails