Saturday, November 3, 2012

random {life} and such

Life…

it’s active, noisy, busy… just to name a few.

Right now, I can hear the LSU game playing on the TV beside me and the chanting of my older boys as they say, “LSU!  LSU!”

Little ones are in the process of getting ready for bed and, as you can probably imagine, it’s a little wild because of the game and normal kid stuff.

The kids filter in one by one behind me as they bring their outfits of choice for Sunday church to our room to be ironed for the morning.  Of course, they stop to talk to me or look at the pictures on the computer…as they leave, I turn back to the computer and try to remember what it was I was wanting to say.

Somewhere in the house, I hear someone singing loudly at the top of his or her lungs and the phone ringing too.

Welcome to my crazy life! 

This craziness is what has kept me from the computer these past few days.  First, it was costumes needing to be made but that later became a tired mom who just wanted to unplug at the end of the night.

So to catch you up, here are a few things we’ve been up to the past few weeks:

#1  Remember those tutus I had to make?  They were finished and part of our costumes for the fall festival at our church.  Here we have rednecks, a tooth fairy, and a princess.  (Nevermind the fact that my guys dress like this all the time!)

 IMAG0251

IMAG0252

#2  I kind of abandoned the 31 days series.  Sorry.  After the costumes and just general busyness, most nights found me just wanting to sit and be still.  Sometimes I need that.  I still want to wrap up the series so be on the look out for that.

(Just for the record, I stopped writing at this point of composing this blog post and read books, helped littles get ready for bed, tucked kiddos into bed, and picked up some of the house.  life…{smile})

#3 The garden called me to come out and work this week.  Since the older boys were away for the week, it was easier to get outside and work because our school load is a lot easier without a week of 7th grade and 9th grade.

IMG_20121026_095739We picked the rest of the peppers, planted carrots & broccoli, and put some of the beds to rest for the winter. 

#4  Lots of peppers meant that I spent a few hours in the kitchen making pepper jelly.  I still need to make pepper sauce with the other peppers.

October 31, 2012 008

#5 I’ve been documenting my days on instagram using my phone.  If you’d like, you can check out my instagram account (my user name is adrianedw) or my new Twitter account (Adriane W or simplyadriane).  Yes, I finally got on that Twitter train after all my feet dragging.  I mainly use these two social medias for pictures here and there.  It’s a quick and easy way to document my days when I’m short on time.

#6  The older boys took a break from school this past week.  However, they spent the week working with their grandpa.  That’s one of the perks of homeschooling.  My boys were able to lend a hand when needed.  It’s not that we consider the school work not important.  It’s just that we can make school fit in around life.  I like that.  The little ones did language arts and math everyday.  This coming week we will get back into history and science.  (Incidentally, our school district will be taking time off this coming week and we will not.)

IMG_20121025_094641

#7  Finally, I have started a new blog.  It’s not even remotely ready to open up yet but soon, I will be posting there instead.  Until then, I will be posting here.  More on that soon too.  {I hope, anyway…}

I need to start ironing and getting myself in bed soon.  I hope to make this extra hour of sleep tonight work to my advantage! 

See y’all soon!

Adriane

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails