Sunday, November 4, 2012

an autumn daybook

simple-woman-daybook-large

Outside my window:::  It is dark.  Today was the first day after we turned the clocks back.  It takes me a few days to adjust to the early darkness.


I am thinking:::  I am tired.  And I am tired for the same reason as the previous few sentences:  the time change.

IMG_20121016_111539

I am thankful:::  I love the month of November.  I strive to live a life of thankfulness always but November always forces me to really focus on the blessings in my life.  I’m recording my blessings daily on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter.  (See my Twitter link in the side bar if you’d like to check it out.)


In the kitchen:::  There’s a peck of peppers that need to be pickled.  I also am in the mood to start making homemade bread again.  yum…

IMG_20121029_093337


I am wearing:::  those holey yoga pants and a cozy sweater.  The pants even have a brand new hole.  I just can’t throw them away yet! {smile}


I am creating:::  dishcloths with my new found hobby of knitting.  Love it!

IMG_20121024_160756


I am going:::  to start running with my friend who said, and I quote, “I do not run unless something is chasing me.”  And it was her idea too!  She even said that maybe we will run a 5K one day.  I’m super excited!


I am wondering:::  how to get everything done on Monday that needs to be done.  Guess it will be a practice of eating that elephant one bite at a time. 

IMG_20121102_113516
I am reading:::  Still reading Breathe.  I need to start rereading Not a Fan since my husband will be teaching a class centered around that book. 


I am hoping:::  that I can find a little time to finish watching season two of Downton Abbey on Hulu this week.  I need to know what happens! {ha!}

IMG_20121029_170557


I am looking forward to:::  Tuesday’s presidential election.  I’m ready to hear and read about something else for a while. 


I am learning:::  That my style has changed as a homeschooler.  I’ve always been eclectic in my teaching philosophies but now I see I am leaning more towards Charlotte Mason and relaxed homeschooling.  I’m quite enjoying it too!

IMG_20121016_182427


Around the house:::  Fall makes me want to tidy and ready the house.  It also makes me want to start big projects.  I’m eyeing paint colors and possible kitchen upgrades…not sure when the projects will be started but collecting ideas for the future. 


I am pondering:::  my mind keeps returning to the thoughts of how we humans can call something that is wrong, right and call something that is right, wrong.  It completely boggles my mind.  And I realize that this is all very vague.  I’m just not up for controversy right now so I’ll leave it vague. 

IMG_20121024_161256

A favorite quote for today:::  “I’m tired of Bronco Bamma and Mitt Romney.”  {This totally cracked me up!  And just for explanation – what made me laugh was her calling the president Bronco Bamma…not her crying or all of the comments on that particular post.  For the most part, I ignored the comments.  I know who I am voting for and am trying to block out as much of the campaigning & yah-yahing as I can.}


One of my favorite things:::  cozy sweaters. 

IMG_20121029_175701
A few plans for the rest of the week:::  a Sunday School party, voting for President of the United States, swim team practices, running with a friend, camping with a friend for one boy, church camp for one very excited little girl, and the birthday of my wonderful husband – a busy week! 


A peek into my day:::

The pictures are just snapshots of our days from my Instagram account.  If you have that app on your phone, I am adrianedw if you’d like to check out my pictures.  I also post these pictures to my Twitter account.  (See little link on the sidebar.)

 

To read other daybooks, be sure to visit The Simple Woman’s Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails