Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Five things

Hi Y’all!  I know it’s been kind of quiet around here.  Everything’s good here in the deep south.  I’ve just felt a need to be quiet.  I blame it on the introverted side of my personality.  There is so much to talk about that has been going on during the past month that I thought I’d just do a quick catch-up post. 

Number 1

October 25, 2011 003A few weeks ago I had what I’ve heard called “stinking thinking” going on in my mind.  I kept hearing “think on what is pure, holy, lovely…” when I’d start wandering off into the negative thinking.  I knew that I needed to surround myself with good thoughts.  I thought of a friend who has scripture written on index cards that she has posted above her kitchen sink.  I decided to make some cards of scripture for our home too.  But once I started writing, I could not stop.  There are so many words from the Word of God that I want and need to surround me during the day.  So now we have scripture hanging above the sink, on the mirrors, above the light switches, etc.  Everyone in my home has loved having it too.  My husband loves to read it, one of my older boys has asked for a card to put by his bed, and it has totally transformed my attitude. 

 Number 2

October 25, 2011 064

We have completely rearranged our little house.  I mean completely.  As in every room in the house is a new room (except the kitchen and bathrooms).  It is like we moved but stayed in the same house.  Actually, I am still unpacking some of the rooms and need to get things on the wall.  This small house requires creative measures to house our family.  It has been good though because we now have a large dining/school room.  (We were using the room for another purpose.)  I love having everyone around one large table as we do school.  It is so much easier for me.  Even the kids are working better.

Number 3

October 25, 2011 053

Speaking of school, we have been meeting with some friends who are also doing My Father’s World – Exploring Countries and Cultures for an “end of the study of _____ country” celebration.  We met for a fiesta when we finished Mexico.  (pictures are on the other computer) Last week, we met to discuss Canada.  We met at the park and had some Canadian themed food and we played.  We usually do presentations too but we found out that those are hard to do at the park!  Next up is Brazil.  Hopefully I’ll have some good pictures.

Number 4

 October 25, 2011 069

All of the eggs in the picture above are from our City Chicks!  How cool is that?  We get 2 –3 eggs a day.  I’ll write soon about our City Chicks and let you know what they’ve been up to. 

Number 5

October 25, 2011 016

The weather has been great here.  We have even gotten a little rain which our drought stricken land definitely needs.  The enjoyable temps have made me long to be out in the garden.  Last week, I spent time picking peppers that finally decided to produce.  I need to get out there today and pick some more because we are supposed to get some rain and cooler temps.  I’m not complaining though.  After this summer’s 60+ days of 100+ degree temps, I said I would not complain about cold, wet weather this winter!  {smile}

My computer time is up but I should be around soon to talk about the garden, the City Chicks, our homeschool, and whatever else strikes my fancy! 

See y’all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails