Wednesday, February 1, 2012

{Goals} Reviewing January

People often complain about lack of time when the lack of direction is the real problem.  ~ Zig Ziglar

For me, I need goals.  If I have no goals and have not planned, I really don’t know where to direct my focus.  I will simply look at the many, many things that need to be done or that I want to do and become overwhelmed because I am focusing on too many things at once. 

Last month, I decided to start a list of monthly goals that I would like to accomplish for each month.  Will I finish everything?  Maybe.  But maybe not.  Am I going to beat myself up and feel like a failure if I don’t accomplish everything?  No.  I’ll either just take it off the list or move it to the next month.   This list is simply a tool to help give me direction & focus and perhaps accomplish a little bit more than the everyday tasks. 

February 1, 2012 013

First, a review of January’s goal: 

I’ve crossed through accomplished goals and made notes in green as needed.

Spiritual

  • Participate in the Gentleness Challenge at Women Living Well as I work on speaking softly and gently to my children.
  • Start studying Ephesians using the SOAP method with the Good Morning Girls  (Did this last month – still in progress)

Family

  • Continue reading time with Dad at night (Dropped off at the end of the month – need to do again)
  • Have a family night one day a week   ongoing

Health

  • Exercise 3 times a week – NO EXCUSES {smile} (actually about 2x a week + gardening – lost weight too!)
  • Bed by 10:30  sometimes…{sigh}

Home

  • Make a list of repairs and remodeling to be done per room/area of house  (in progress)
  • Organize recipe binders  (in progress – sick kids happened)
  • Decorate office nook in living room  (removing from list for now)

Garden/City Farm

  • Cut back raspberries, blackberries, and grapes.  Transplant all but grapes to new areas.
  • Draw garden plans/ Make list of needed seeds & plants
  • Plant pansies  (didn’t do this)
  • Draw/plan for chicken run extension

Financial

  • Set year’s financial goals with Dave (some goals set – others still in progress)
  • Make a money flow plan for each paycheck (Meet with David when paid and assign every dollar a place to go before we spend it)

Blog and Personal

  • Post 2 or 3 times a week
  • Set aside a day each week to visit blogs and comment
  • Update side bar of blog and pages across the top (some completed)
  • Read at least one new book

*What I learned this last month:

It helps me to get my goals accomplished if I set aside a specific day and time to complete the task.  For instance, with blogging, I now have “office hours”  set aside just for writing posts or commenting on blogs.  The same thing goes for exercise and other activities beyond the basics. 

Well, I was going to post February’s goals but this post is all ready incredibly long.  Next post up…February’s goals! 

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and I love to communicate with my blog friends! Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails